It's Hilmi here, nice to meet you! Currently worked as a full-stack developer, I'm a coder for fun (and living), blog writer without reader, and a graduate from California State University, Northridge with Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. In the past few years I have worked on several small experimental projects alongside my formal education.
I have advanced knowledge in Java and C#, experience making a mobile game using Unity3D, as well as some website building skill from the experience of making and experimenting on this website. Additionally, I am a hobbyist illustrator and graphic editor, with some familiarity of using Adobe Photoshop and also VSCO and Adobe Lightroom for photo retouching.
As far as the programming goes, I'm highly interested in gaming and mobile apps.
- Database: Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle DB, SQL Developer, SQL Plus
- Web Technologies: HTML/CSS, JSP, XML, SoapUI
- Tools and Technologies: Oracle WebLogic, Tortoise SVN, Git, Unity3D, Eclipse, JUnit 4, Log4J
- API and Frameworks: Apache Struts, Selenium, Bootstrap 4, Java Swing, JavaFX, Express.JS, Node.JS, Vue.JS
- Others: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office
Hitachi eBworx Sdn Bhd
March 2019 - present
A junior full-stack developer working on web application of custom banking solutions.
- Member of project team working on feature enhancement, new functionalities implementation, and back-end system integration of custom banking solutions.
- Contributed in front-end design, back-end functionality implementation, testing, deployment, and production support.
- Involved in various kinds of Unit testing, Acceptance testing and Regression testing of the developed objects and checking the data quality and the functionality of the objects as per the requirements.
- Solved software errors by analyzing details from the system logs and running extensive testing processes.
- Have experience in complete software development life cycle.
- Involved in programming and executing automation script to run 10k++ test cases for a project.
C&L Communications Sdn Bhd
January 2013 - May 2013
Worked as a salesperson for a mobile phones retail store.
- Opening the store everyday, and updates the store display to reflect new products in sale.
- Serves the customers by giving them information regarding products on sale and recommending product that suits their needs.
- Helping returning customers regarding their purchased items (RMA requests, off-warranty repairs, etc).
April 2011 - April 2012
Led the editorial board of my high school’s yearbook. Oversaw the making of school’s yearbook and supervised the successor editorial board members.
- Leading the whole editorial board members during my tenure as Editor-in-Chief
- Managing the workflow of every department in the editorial, such as brainstorming and approving the yearbook design together with Graphic Department and directing and deploying Photography Department for general photo-sessions and during school's events.
- Finalizing the yearbook with the team before presenting the finished product to the club advisor for printing.
- Responsible in supervising the editorial board successor members before handing over the management fully at the end of my tenure.
California State University, Northridge
B.S., Computer Science
August 2015 - December 2018
GPA 3.27. Awarded Dean’s List honor 2 times in Fall 2015 and Spring 2018 for achieveing a GPA of 3.5 and above during those semesters.
Active member of Muslim Student Association on campus, having volunteered in several of the club’s events, and actively participated in various club's activities such as weekly meetings, Club Rush, study group sessions, and many others.
Notable coursework taken including:
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Introduction to Software Engineering (Agile Programming)
- Introduction to Operating System and System Architecture
- Advanced Data Structures
- Graphical User Interface (Java Swing and JavaFX)
- Web Engineering I & II
INTEC Education College
Pre-Engineering - ADFP/ACTP
August 2013 - December 2014
Completed American Degree Fundation Program and American Credit Transfer Program in Pre-Engineering major, having fulfilled the GPA required to further my studies internationally in CSU Northridge.
Tuanku Munawir Science School
Malaysian Certificate of Education (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia)
January 2011 - December 2012
Achieved all A’s on 9 subjects in Malaysian Certificate of Education, the equivalent of O-Level examination. Received SASER Half-Color Achievement for active participation in various extracurricular activities including school clubs, uniformed bodies, and sports team.
If you would like to see my resume in a hard-copy version, I would be very honored for you to take a look at my resume in PDF format linked below.